martes, 3 de abril de 2012

10 tips about style that work for me

En casi todos los blogs hay un apartado que se titula, 10 consejos de...., 6 formas de..., las 20 mejores citas sobre..., 5 pasos para.... No se si es una locura por los números o es que a todos nos gusta dar consejos que nadie nos pide. Pero yo también voy a caer en  lo mismo.


  • Keep it simple and comfortable, clothes are supposed to be more than status or looks.



  • Harmonize the colours or if you want drama choose strong contrast. Dark colours help when you want to hide something and bright or light colours make the part bigger or look closer. This can be applied to clothing, make up, shoes, accesories even hair colour.


  •  Harmonize the volumes. If you have no waist you can create the illusion of having it by using belts. If the top is wide then the trousers or skirts have to be fit, not loose or baggy. If the skirts look wide,an A shaped one or the trousers are flared then wear something fit as a top.




  • Act your age. Dress your age. Don´t dress like your daughter, nor like your mother. When turned forty and overweight you become insvisible. But you don´t look any younger if you imitate a teenager even if you are slender and in good shape.



  • Solid colours for tops or bottoms but colourful accesories with animal prints, flowers, dots, flower prints, Paisley patterns, lace, crochet, embroidered patterns, beaded, etc.




  • Fashion magazines, old films, modern films, TV-series,Youtube videos, books on style, blogs on style, personal shoppers can help you a lot but if you are sensible and observant you will adapt to your own personal style.



  • Stick to your body shape clothes, showing your best parts. If you legs are long and shaped, show them. But cover your bottom if it is big. 


  • Whenever you look well everybody will compliment you. When this happens you just write down the combination of clothes and colours you were  wearing that day and get your photobook started as models do.



  • I have been fond of the theory of colours since I was in my early twenties and I recommend everybody to become familiar with it. I am a Winter and I follow the advise about the colours for Winters.



  • I dress to be seen. But so clowns do. If your clothes are striking, shocking or spectacular and you are plain, not particularly beautiful  then people don´t see you but the clothes-costumes you are wearing. I´d prefer plain and simple (minimalism) outfit but my eyes, hands and body  to be also seen. As I am a high school teacher, I think  the wrapping is not more important than the actual gift.




  • I always try to dress for the occasion. When I was younger I have made many mistakes and now I have learnt all the lessons.



  • Flats, plumps or high heels? If you happen to be overweight (my very problem)don´t suffer, wear comfortable shoes otherwise you´ll find difficult to smile or enjoy yourself.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario