lunes, 30 de abril de 2012

My hobby lately has been knitting scarves

Mi pequeña cosecha de dos tardes.



I have knitted/knit more than twenty scarves since last fall and I have given them as presents to my friends, family and work mates (female ones). I have been doing it because it is quite amusing and whenever I am doing some handicraft I get relaxed and can spend time thinking. I have to say, that I have noticed that as one grows older, time spent thinking is a luxury, a comfort and a need .

When I was younger everything was rushing, working, keeping things done, long hours with activities filling up the schedule daily and even free time was spent travelling, moving, visiting.

Now I have had to slow down for my own good. I don´t have the amount of energy I used to have...so I need to economize time and energy and cut down activities.  I have burnt out (due to the combination of roles I was playing at work and home) twice and being depressed twice afterwards. Now I am lazier and more realistic about my ambitions.

Life has changed, my parents, who are very old, rely on me, my family relies on me as housewife, mother and chica-para-todo, in my job I try to keep up, sometimes I do, sometimes I don´t. My worst mistake is not having paid enough attention to my friends or to the woman inside me. The woman who feels young and gets bored of living a non-exciting drilled grown-up existence.

So I am reflecting upon how to change inside and outside. My doctor suggests that losing weight would bring my energy back. Therefore, I am dieting and walking more as I have been recommended to do.  I hope something good will happen to me in the meantime.

A new slimmer version of me from outside will embrace the new thoughtful version of me from the inside. Soul deep there must be an optimistic way to awareness to the seekers. And If every talks about it, it may exist somewhere.


Así quedan listas para poner.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario